Wednesday, February 16, 2011

The "In" Crowd

We decided to celebrate Valentine's Day one day late because the restaurant we wanted to go to did not take reservations until February 15! Most days I really enjoy just going to work out after work, going by Super Target after that, and then finally watching all of my reality TV shows and cooking dinner at night.

However, sometimes I like to be with the "In" crowd. This crowd eats at all the new, one-word, ultra chic places in town, sips $15 martinis, wears platform high heels and super short mini skirts, has their extensions curled a-la Kardashian, and the "house music" is always loud. I do not go to these places every weekend or frequent them and spend my entire paycheck. BUT, I do like to go every once in a while, drink an expensive cocktail or two, dance to the music, wear my heels, and put on wayyyy too much makeup. Don't judge...

Anyway, so last night the boyfriend and I went to ALMA. Yes, it is a one-word restaurant. This is the new restaurant that has taken the place of my all time favorite Cuba Libre. Cuba Libre was first introduced to me by my friend who is always in the know, Lacey. I remember that first mojito like OMG...it was pure amazing-ness in a cocktail. So began my love affair with Cuba Libre. It temporarily closed b/c the owner wanted a new "concept"....paaalllleeeeeaaassseee!

We did enjoy Alma a lot and will go back for another special occassion! A little pricey, but it was fun to try a new ultra-chic place and go "out out" as we like to call it. I hope you all had a wonderful Valentine's Day!!! I am definitely looking forward to my next "in crowd" outing!

Finally, on another note...today is my best friend Becca's Birthday! Happy Birthday Bec! Love you! (had to pull out one from the archive ;)



xoxo
Court

2 comments:

  1. Adam and I went to a Cuba Libre in Philly! I have no idea if it was the same place or not, but it was good:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww that last pic is from my parent's house! soooo cute!

    ReplyDelete